© Copyright 2020 Second Nurture
We take a great deal of interest in preparing for our baby's arrival. From health checks, scans, what to eat during pregnancy, to planning baby showers, we spend a lot of time making arrangements for the "before baby" but, typically, only practical things for "after baby". We don’t really have a prescription for when we bring a baby a home.
As your Post-natal Doula, I will help you through the adjustments and the transition to motherhood. You may not want someone living in your house full time but would appreciate an extra pair of hands around the place when things are getting on top of you. Whether it is helping you with your baby or giving you time for much needed rest.
Should you choose to go ahead with hiring me as your doula, I will assist you with:
- Additional support around the home after the birth with family adjustment
- Providing physical, emotional, and informational support
- Assisting with breastfeeding support or formula feeding
- Assisting with new born baby and sibling care
- Promoute parent infant bonding
- Escorting mum on her first trips out with her new baby
- Making light meals
- Performing light household tasks such as laundry, dishes and light meals
- Recognise and help mothers who might have symptoms of Baby blues
and other post-natal mood disorders and much more.
There is a great deal of evidence suggesting that quality support eases the transition that comes with the addition of a baby/ies to the family. One of the things I learned as a postnatal Doula is giving yourself permission to take care of yourself, and to ask for help.
By attending to the needs of the entire family, and offering quality referral information and birth counselling, the post-natal experience is enhanced.
'The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother is absolutely new.
I bring a choice of gift from a 100% natural/vegan skin care range of products by Pheroma.
If you would like to speak to me about the services i offer, please give me a call. I am happy to answer any questions. Alternatively, you can fill out a contact form and I will contact you the same day. Thank you for looking at my web site.
Helps the mother do the mothering